Commercial Contract for Photography/Videography
- 1. In this Agreement the terms
(a) image includes a photograph, transparency, negative, digital scan, design, artwork, painting, montage drawing, engraving, video, or any other item which may be offered for the purposes of reproduction.
(b) reproduction includes any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any image and whether or not altered by printing, photography, slide projection (whether or not to an audience) xerography, artist’s reference, artist’s illustration, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means
(c) the Client is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the Client is acting for a third party).
- The following terms are used when describing the reproduction rights granted by In Awe Digital Media to the Client:
(a)Internal Use: The right to use the images only within a company for non-commercial purposes; publication in a free in-house magazine not normally available to the public; exhibition within the Client’s premises; editorial use in the Client’s intranet site.
(b) PR and Press distribution: The right to use the images as described in 4(a); plus a licence for third parties to reproduce such images in print or electronic media in an editorial context where no fee has been paid to guarantee publication
(c) Specified Use Only: The right to use the images once only for the purpose as described on the invoice.
(d) Editorial: One reproduction only of images supplied within one print edition of the specified title in an editorial context only.
- (a) The entire copyright in the images is retained by the photographer representing In Awe Digital Media at all times throughout the world.
(b) In Awe Digital Media supplies the technical and artistic ability to illustrate an idea photographically, and sells the right to reproduce those images in a given context. No property or copyright in any images shall pass to the Client whether on its submission or on In Awe Digital Media grant of reproduction rights in respect thereof.
- (a) Reproduction rights (if and when granted) are strictly limited to the use and period of time specified on In Awe Digital Media invoice. An agreement must be reached with In Awe Digital Media before the images are used for a different purpose or after the licence to use has expired.
(b) Reproduction rights are not issued exclusively to the Client except when specified on the invoice.
(c) Reproduction rights granted are personal to the Client and may not be assigned, nor may any image submitted to the Client be loaned or transferred to third parties save for the purpose of the exercise by the Client of such reproduction rights.
(d) Any reproduction rights granted are by way of licence and no partial or other assignment of copyright shall be implied.
(e) In Awe Digital Media reserves the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction licence to a third party when requested to do so by the Client.
- (a) Once the Client has made a booking for a specific time and date, In Awe Digital Media will not accept any other work from other clients for those times and dates for the assigned Photographer/Videographer.
(b) As a result, once a booking is made, if it is subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged to the client according to the following schedule. When a client cancels a booking within two weeks of any confirmed date, a fee of 50% of the booked time rate will be charged. When a client cancels photography within one weeks of any confirmed date, a fee of 100% of the booked time rate will be charged. In addition to this cancellation fee, the client will be charged for any expenses already incurred by In Awe Digital Media.
- (a) Until In Awe Digital Media has invoiced the reproduction fee neither party is committed to grant or acquire any reproduction rights in any image. After a fee has been agreed and an invoice issued there is a firm and binding contract where by In Awe Digital Media is committed to grant reproduction rights and the Client to acquire them. If after such invoicing but before payment the Client requests cancellation of the reproduction rights In Awe Digital Media may in its discretion cancel subject to the Client paying a cancellation fee.
(b) The Client’s right to reproduce an image arises only when In Awe Digital Media invoice relating to the grant of such right is fully paid (including interest charges levied on late payment of the invoice or invoices). Any reproduction before payment of the invoice constitutes an infringement of rights and a breach of this Agreement entitling In Awe Digital Media to rescind the Agreement and rendering the Client liable for the payment of damages.
(c) If payment is not made in accordance with (a) above then In Awe Digital Media may rescind this Agreement and recover damages.
(d) In Awe Digital Media reserves the right to suspend ongoing services, such as (but not limited to) the Download able Web Page or other distribution of images, once any invoice issued to a Client becomes overdue, and also reserves the right to inform the reason of this to third parties to whom this suspension of service affects.
[e] Payments should be made without delay upon receipt of invoice. Payments not received 15 calendar days following the invoice date will be classed as late. In the event of late payment interest will be charged at a rate of 7% added weekly.
- On the Client’s death or bankruptcy or (if the Client is a company) in the event of a Resolution, Petition or Order for winding up being made against it, or if a Receiver is appointed, In Awe Digital Media may at any time thereafter inspect any records, accounts and books relating to the reproduction of its images to ensure that the images are being used only in accordance with the reproduction rights granted to the Client.
- (a) In Awe Digital Media will edit and deliver what it considers to be the best of every situation covered. As a result, raw files will only be supplied to the client in exceptional circumstances and only when those raw files have not been deleted. In Awe Digital Media makes no undertaking to keep any files not intended for use.
(b) No addition to, deletion from or alteration to or adaptation of an image may be made without the written permission of In Awe Digital Media.
(c) Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style, composition or editing.
(d) For live streaming of events it will be expected that the client is able to provide a stable high speed upload internet connection. If no such connection is available, we can offer a localised solution, subject to connection. In Awe Digital Media maintains no liability to maintain an internet connection in such occurrences.
(d) For videography the client will presented with a first draft, and may list amendments to the first draft within 28 days of receipt. If no amendments are received In Awe Digital Media will proceed to final cut without amendments.
[e] A maximum of 2 edits will be permitted following receipt of the first draft.
[f] File transfer will ordinarily be provided via an online service such as WeTransfer or Google Drive, which will be available for download no longer than 7 calendar days after notification of availability to the client. If a flash drive is preferred, this will be purchased by In Awe Digital Media at the client’s expense.
- In the case of printed publications, three copies of the relevant pages containing any image supplied are to be furnished to In Awe Digital Media free of charge within two weeks. In other media, evidence of use must be made available if requested.
- (a) While In Awe Digital Media takes all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement generally, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client of by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any image or its caption.
(b) The Client agrees to indemnify In Awe Digital Media in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any image supplied to the Client by In Awe Digital Media .
(c) It is the Client who must satisfy himself that all necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction, are obtained and it is acknowledged that In Awe Digital Media gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, model releases or consents have or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright designs or works of art depicted in any image. In the event that the image issued or reproduced by or with the authority of the Client then the Client shall indemnify In Awe Digital Media against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
(d) It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that methods of communication are valid and up to date. This includes, but is not limited to; email addresses, phone numbers and addresses.
- (a) This Agreement shall be subject to law in the courts of England who shall have exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising from this Agreement, and both parties here to consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
(b) No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.
In Awe Digital Media will deliver upon the brief outlined via the Work Agreement. Any amendments to the brief will be made prior to commencement or may incur an amendment fee.
For Drone Photography, there are some other considerations which are on a separate page